I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

I'm here!

After a monstrously long journey, where I've had only 6 hours 'rest' in 48 hours, I'm ready for a real lie down. It's not that I'm really all that tired but that I'm don't want to be sitting down in the same position any longer.
The flights and transfers and immigration and customs all went swimmingly, no problems at all. In fact on both my flights I had seats next to me empty and because I'd checked in before anyone else I got to choose exactly where I wanted to sit. In fact, on the first flight to Newark, the whole row of seats was mine so I could stretch out across the seats too for a little while.
It turns out that the flight I was on to Newark was the first on a new schedule as Continental had added another flight per day from Birmingham to the New York. To celebrate this there were cakes and food and balloons in the departure lounge, as well as a Marilyn Monroe impersonator, a magician and a brass band. The band was actually pretty great, doing a whole range of tunes, but didn't half remind me of the the movie Titanic with all the fanfare of a launch. Not that I expected or worried about any problems - I have no qualms about flying. It was a bit of fun really, just, a bit random!

Better get 'in the zone' as Britney would say, so off to sleep for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home