I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

who's a farmer boy then?

Been looking at some of the farms I'd like to go volunteer on this summer in and around Seattle. I think some people are rather optimistic in hoping people will drive for many hours off the beaten track to visit some smacked out old farm. Obviously it'd be really worth it if you were going for months or something, but would be just too much effort for a few weeks. Apathy or what! But looking at some of the descriptions of these farms makes me so long to be there - I can't wait. It could be a complete blast doing some farming stuff, like gardening but harder!
In a way, about the distance thing, isolated farms have a draw all of their own as well because it makes you feel even more together with the land, rather than a minor subset of urban sprawl that has simply paused along its path or rampant destruction. Some of the ones I'd love to go to are out way beyond the normal ferry routes from Seattle, making them really hard to get to (especially without a car) but at the same time beautiful simply because of their remoteness, fewer cars, more real wilderness, and a sense of being clean. That's what I love about the islands around seattle, they make me feel clean!
I'm a freak really aren't I - going farming to be clean - what's that about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home