I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Saturday, April 17, 2004

As Green Pea was doing...

  1. Find nearest book.
  2. Open said book to page 23.
  3. Find the fifth sentence.
  4. Post the text of the sentence along with these instructions.


My resulting sentence:
"The ancient Greeks also liked to attribute sexual qualities to numbers, but it was they who first discovered, in the 4th century BC, the primes' true potency as the building blocks for all numbers."

From The music of the primes: why an unsolved problem in mathematics matters by Marcus du Sautoy. I like to think that's a very intellectual sentence and makes me feel cultured, but it's really just that my younger sister is reading the book, left it by our computer, and then I started to read the beginning. I hadn't even reached that bit. It's good though - would definitely recommend it - so many Mathematics books are dry and lifeless, this is much more like Fermat's Last Theorem by Simon Singh, a good math laced tale...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home