I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

It is, officially, my Birthday.

I am 19.
I'm not going to get too worked up about it, mainly because I don't really care all that much, and also of course because if you do then it's only annoying if people don't make a fuss. If you don't expect people to make a big thing, then you don't get annoyed if they don't make a big thing. In a way that could be thought of as me saying 'lower your expectations' but it's not meant to be that at all. It's not that I'm afraid that no-one will make a fuss, but that the wrong people will. Also, I don't like to remind people because it makes me feel like I'm fishing. I don't mind other people saying 'oh, it's my birthday next week' or something, even several times. I just don't like doing it myself. Whether that makes me extremely self concious, over protective of myself or just paranoid I don't know. The other thing is that I don't actually like receiving presents or gifts - I much prefer giving them. I like choosing things for other people and then hoping they'll like them. The other plus side of that is that I don't myself have to wear or use them. For example, I know now never to give books unless the person on the receiving end definitely has the time to read something new - I've got a stack of books at least four feet high that need to be read. I love them al, they sound really good, I just don't create time as I should for them. Silly me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home