I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Monday, April 05, 2004

Loverly photography

two men hugging I found this site the other day, of a photographer in San Francisco called Patrick Roddie. He takes some amazing photos, often quite straightforward, but all the same clear and with a measured feeling. Just like sign with writing' your kind of place'Your Kind of Place, he themes the photos into time, or subject. This is the kind of photography I would love to emulate.

"I started shooting when I was twelve years old, first with a box Brownie, then a half-frame Olympus Trip. If you'll excuse the pun, something just "clicked:" I somehow understood light, composition and the "moment" from the start and those early pictures still look pretty good, IMHO. I haven't been able to stop since - I don't have much choice in the matter.

Training: Entirely self-taught, I've had no formal training in photography, preferring to make my own mistakes, experiment and burn through film. Only when I'm really stuck will I reluctantly open the manual. Don't try this at home."


Webbery.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home