I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Having morals is a pain

This week there's a magazine for sale which includes in the whole 'experience', a bar of supposedly high-end chocolate. Today a new edition this mag went on sale, meaning the chocolate covered one was to be sent back. It seems that to some of my colleagues this meant there was now free chocolate all around, and they began digging into the piles of the magazine set to be sent back. I thought this was somewhat suspect, partly because it clearly violates my company's very clear regulations on not accepting 'freebies' but also because to do this they'd be effectively claiming to the distributors that some unscrupulous member of the public removed the bars affixed to the cover and stole them, leaving us with just the magazine.
This appeared to worry no-one. I feigned disinterest, declining offers of the bars, but I was so hungry! I hate it when morals actually need some sort of restraint rather than just a particular point of view that would really matter neither way to anyone but yourself, as most morals are. Of course that's the real test of your own moral code - when there's something actually involved that you want, but can't have because you don't believe it's right. But I really wanted it!

So I went to a coffee shop a few minutes later and ate a huge brownie, which made me feel so much better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home