I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Rubbish email posting

Ok, so it seems that whilst Blogger successfully posts to the site via email, it won't include the html text that one includes. I say this because, whilst the blogger site must have been taking a MASSIVE server load last night with all the people trying out new designs, my posts we simply not loading up. They weren't huge or anything, but they just weren't loading. So I decided, at something approaching midnight, to just send the post via email in the vain hope that this would work. It did, in a way, but of course it also means that you can (or could, since I'm about to fix it) see all the code in it's eternal glory.
Hope you enjoyed that, and I hope it never happens again. I just couldn't be bothered to wait around for another half-hour to see whether it worked, I was just too tired.
UPDATE:
It seems that the email device converts whatever you send in to an html form of file and then posts that. So whatever you post it basically quotes right back at you. I'm assuming the only way to get around this is to put a load of / tags in to top the silliness. On a related note, blogger also appears to have a problem with edited posts. When one edits a post, the original post is left still whilst the corrected version is added on top. And don't even get me started on the stupid 'publishing' whirly image they have which goes around in a circle, reloads the page a million times and then in the end doesn't even do what you wanted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home