I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

First run of the year

shoes. if you can't see the picture, clickWell, really it was the first outdoor run of the year. Up until now its either been too cold, wet or unwise to run. Unwise would be when I'm either too run-down from exhaustion or from various colds and coughs that attack me, mainly because I'm run down from exhaustion...
Anyway, I did my normal 10k in roughly 47 minutes, so it wasn't too bad for a first go. I'm going to try to cut that down by over ten minutes. I want to be running 10km in 35 minutes by the end of four weeks. That's if I'm good and do all the training that I say in my head I 'should' do, but it's after a long day at work that I decide 'hey, I can't be bothered now, it'd be better to go home and sleep earlier'.
I'm feeling the ache now from the lack of practice though, my lower arms and hamstrings especially. Also, as I was using a new pair of shoes, I've got blisters. The blisters aren't too bad, but if I carry on tomorrow as I'm hoping to, they'll get a lot worse before they get any better. Joy.
Hope everyone likes reading about running, it's what I'm going to be obsessed with for the next few weeks. Suffer in silence!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home