I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Monday, January 19, 2004

If you were lying about your age in a club, what age would you be?

On Saturday we were drinking at the nightclub's bar at around 3:30 in the morning and I spotted a boy. He was sporting a little trilby and wearing the schoolboy-synonymous wallet chains connected to his jeans. What made me notice him more than anyone else was that he looked alert and bushy-tailed. At 3:30 in the morning, when I’m progressing towards exhausted, he was looking at people as though he’d just woken up and was really interested in what they were saying. I don’t know how he did it. Anyway, I was wondering about how old he must have been to one of my friends. Suffice to say, another friend over-heard and decided to ask him. He goes up to the kid and asks his age. “Nineteen” was the reply, to which I scoff. At this club you’re going to have to be eighteen to get in – it’s the drinking age, so nineteen is a nice bump up above that age to disperse any suspicion; however he just didn’t look nineteen. Too young, too fresh faced. Would you say the limit age of eighteen or go that one bit extra and say nineteen or twenty? Being eighteen myself I can’t really complain about his age if it is nineteen, but I think I would have said eighteen even if I was something like 16. Anyway, it was odd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home