I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Sunday, August 17, 2003

They could put it in the offline version too!

I've been reading stuff from them recently:Metropolis Magasine, and really liking what i've been getting. There was an great piece on the Best chain of supermarkets and their falling down facades (designed to be so), one on the 'new' Aeron which is (thank god) cheaper this time around, and a great article on cubicle carpeting and how to make it 3D. Unfortunately i've found that for my roughly $10 per copy - it comes out every two months - I don't get a lot of what the put out online,whilst I do get a HUGE number of advertisements. This month felt thin on the ground - as though they were clutching at straws for something to put in - to fill out the pages - hence a TEDIOUS article about teaching design. It's a really superb read most of the time, but why don't they put things like their Urban Jounal into the print edition. I don't have time to check out the magasine and the web page to find out what's different. They need to demarkate and show me what's new for me, the subsrciber who actually puts coins in the their pockets. Tell me in the magasine "hey, we've got a LOAD more stuff this month that we couldn't fit in, but REALLY want you to see. Check it out: www.blahblah.com. They've got a great article right now on a magasine called Flair that was around in the 50's, which I don't see mentioned anywhere in the magasine. It's a shame because it makes them look amatuer whilst you know that they're not - they must spend huge amounts on art directors for all the flashy flash animations that pop up, and also spend huge amounts sponsoring all the conferences they put their name to (good to know my hard earned cash is going to something 'useful' to me!).
Whilst this hasn't been the best way to sell a magasine to you, but it's certainly an interesting one despite annoyances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home