I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Saturday, August 16, 2003

iPod movie






PowerBook 17" Keyboard
Even so many months after its launch onto the market, this quicktime movie about the apple iPod still gets me enthralled. The apparent difference between Apple and so many other tech companies is the class about which they go about things.


Dell just appear dull and formulaic by comparison, whilst other such as hp appear to merely by following behind in the long trail of apple's footsteps: from Trendsetters.com
"Since everyone in the PC market is forced to compete with Dull, er Dell, most tech gear looks good only in a dark closet. But HP CEO Carly Fiorina apparently decided she needed something to match her Dale Chihuly art collection, so now we have the Scanjet 4670 ($199). That see-thru window, made of scratch-resistant polycarbonate, lets you see those dirty pictures while you’re scanning! Carly, I have this ugly file server, could you please..."
HP Scanjet 4670
Whilst the new HP stuff does look amazing, it does give the impression slightly that it is a follower to Apple. Of course I say all this whilst remaining a hypocrite since I use no Mac products nor intend in the near future. I don't think though that this removes the ability for me to admire them from afar and wish that those companies I do interact with would act somewhat more like apple. Good for HP though really, they're moving away from Comaq's tedious grey image and starting to create a brand image for their products that IS more innovative. Naturally it's not all real - most of their sales still come from grey boxes and servers, but this doesn't stop the superb Public facing product development that makes most people think of HP.
Anyway, I just wanted to say that the iPod is amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home