I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Saturday, August 16, 2003

l'Occitane

olive cleaning face oilAs i was saying before, I was inspired by Alex to look at some of hte things that I use in my life - the product line detail. I decided to look up something that I'd bought recently from a the London branch of l'Occitane. I got this oil that does a frothy thing when emulsified (read:mixed) with water. You put a few drops on your hands, mix it around w/ a few drops of water and bingo! you've got a lather. It's really nice because it's a kind of everyday thing - it doesn't need LOADS of it to work and it's not THAT expensive. It makes you think 'quality' because it does things like listing the chateau (read:farm) from which the olive oil orignates. It's nice.
So I was looking at this product online and thought I'd check out how much they charge for it over in the US compared with the British £13. Now i bring up the US and the UK pages for L'Occitane and it strikes me that in the US they're actually trying to SELL something whereas it looks like in the UK they're just trying to put people off the company. It's strange - have a look. US= nice and fancy and just kind of like their stores. UK= simple and tired, looking as though they're a tiny company with maybe one location and not really making much of an effort.
I don't like not being valued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home