I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

OK, so I'm here and all

And this place is at one moment completely fcuked up, and another moment appears to be the most fabulous place you could imagine. It's been a whacky few days and I feel like I'm eleven again, walking into secondary school all over again with a dorky haircut and new shoes - only this time there are 8,000 other people doing the same thing at the same time, so it's not so bad.
They always say that making friends at Uni is difficult - perhaps it's just the fag in me, but since I seem to introduce myself to everyone I see, I don't seem to be having that problem. Funny eh! I'm just waiting to turn around and see that in fact, though I thought I was surrounded by friends, they've all gone to the bar without me and forgotten what the fuss was about... "there was a guy called patrick? - how odd!"

And the whole alcohol poisoning thing is really overrated - I spent two hours last night coaxing one of my friends into drinking sugared water and cookies - she'd had quite a bit to drink - the beginning of which was half a bottle of Schnappes - and that's 500ml she had there - no joke.

I feel so worthy, and knackered.

2 Comments:

At 3:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"And this place is at one moment completely fucked up, and another moment appears to be the most fabulous place you could imagine."

That about describes my feelings of college!! Welcome to the club! :)

-Simone

 
At 4:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are just a nice guy Patrick - its the party animal in you coming out. After a few weeks it will be as if you've been there forever. C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home