I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Friday, July 30, 2004

It won't connect to the 'net

The idea is that Apple systems just kind of 'do it' without all the prompting that windows needs. Not here - the ethernet connection I'm using right now, when plugged into the Powerbook, won't do a thing. It's the biggest pain in the ass ever.

I keep on switching the cables over, expecting some light to turn on, some onscreen prompt to pop up and tell me in a campy airline-pilot sort of way "We have a connection!"
But no; nothing happens and I'm stuck here twiddling my thumbs wondering what the hell is going on. The computer realises there's a connection there, it even tells me that the ethernet port is working, but then helpfully informs me that because of a DHCP issue (or something like that) there 'might not' be a connection. This doesn't help me all that much as I can't find a way to resolve it, and don't feel like there's much I can do - especially since the other computer is working just fine.

Eugh, I don't know where to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home