I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Watch Dale Chihuly

I saw his exhibition at the V&A museum whenever it was, a year ago or something, and it just blew me away. I didn't get to spend as long there as I would have liked, but the light and colour of his work awed me. Today, looking at his website, I come across a video about the exhibition, which just brings it all back to me. I'm going to make sure to see something in the Benaroya Hall in Seattle this summer which has two amazing pieces by him, floating above the staircases on either side of the hall. Just near it, I can't remember exactly how close, is the new Seattle Public Library (link)which jus opened the other day. The New Yorker architecture critic called it "the most important building to be built in 100 years", or something like that. Anyway, it's cool. And watch the chihuly video.
link

UPDATE: Actually, on a bit more reading, the new Seattle Public Library is looking even more cool as I hear more about it. It's odd, unique and terrifying whilst also being light, airy and strangely attractive. Check it out. link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home