I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Monday, May 31, 2004

Pride was loud.


I don't really know what to think of it yet - it's not that the whole thing was a let-down but it seemed completely insincere somehow. One thing that was interesting about the whole day was home many fags there appear to be in the city. Although I know people come here for Pride from all around the country, most of them must have been locals. Somehow there wasn't one cohesive event that pulled it all together - the rides, dildo stands and mushroom vendors left me somewhat cold - that and the incessant drinking that was going on all around. There was little pride being exhibited, but a lot of drunkenness. It appears that I'm supposed to be proud of the fact that gay boys know how to drink and can display this to the world. Personally I don't think this is a wonderful attribute, but more something that represents some deeper misconceptions and preconceptions about what being gay means.
That's Vinnie, a guy I met a while ago in a club via another friend who I'd also me via another friend. I went over to say hi after receiving a text asking me when I was going to say hello. This was five minutes after I'd gone over to his little group of friends and hung around for a few minutes saying hello. He and another friend were so busy screaming for a boyband who were onstage (5Boyz) that they clearly didn't register that I was there. I was there. I went back, they laughed, I smiled and then went back to my friends.  Posted by Hello



Natalie was very brave and risked looking like a Steps revival group member, donned the sparkly hat, and had fun. She's here in the middle of the crowd, thronged by people and looking stunning as usual. On her left is the mom of one of my best friends from work, who'd come to support her son at Pride. There's nothing better, clearly she's the best. Insert loving cliche here.  Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home