I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Off to sleep & The Boys

Been dragged all around town today after doing a marathon session at the gym. Exhausted, but have committed to going clubbing tonight so i'm off to sleep for a few hours beforehand. I'm just knackered.
Blah to it all.
Too many clothes, mirror image pairs of jeans, almost rude t-shirts and overpriced 'boutique' shops. It's all tat made in sweatshops really, just with really expensive window displays.

UPDATE: The night's over and it's time for the recovery stage. We were a group of eight in the club, every so often bumping into random other people someone would know. Whilst I decided not to join them in the bar they were at I wrote this:

I'm waiting outside the club. For once there's literally no queue, which is nice! I'm waiting for my friends to come out of a shitty bar that's trying to charge me to get in before I purchase their overpriced drinks, so I've decided to wait out here for the two minutes I'd actually be in there, and we can meet up at the club. Crap place anyway. So I stand here waiting. P


Although there was no line, the place wasn't dead, simply not quite as jammed as it normally is. Perhaps that was because Pride's this weekend and so people were saving themselves. Though one guy I know mentioned that a lot of his friends were doing that but said he was saving himself for pride too, but just wasn't going to stay in on a Thursday night!
The two guys were there also last night, desperately trying to avoid eye-contact most of the night, whilst watching me from a distance. It's infuriating - they so want to appear detatched and independent, but also are constantly trying to attract attention - coming over and dancing just feet away from me, standing around in clear view watching the dance floor but really focused right in my direction. If they were going to be obvious about it, that'd be fine, but their claims to be involved or 'too fucked up' get tired. Just as I was leaving the club this morning, I notice two guys making out by the door. I get my coat and walk past them, one sticks his leg out, knocking into my side and almost tripping me. As I look back to see what happened, he waves to me, signalling goodbye.
If he's going to be making out with a guy, he should do it full on rather than pretending to and secretely watching me in the background. That's just cheap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home