I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Be careful who you out.

Washington -- As they settled into first class on American Airlines Flight 1438 from Chicago to Miami, they were supposed to be the last line of defense against terrorists -- two highly trained U.S. air marshals who would sit unnoticed among the ordinary travelers but spring into action at the first sign of trouble.

Imagine their chagrin when a fellow passenger coming down the aisle suddenly boomed out, "Oh, I see we have air marshals on board!"

The incident, detailed in an intelligence brief, is an example of something that happens all too often, marshals say. The element of surprise may be crucial to their mission, but it turns out they're "as easy to identify as a uniformed police officer," the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association said in a complaint to Congress.

The problem is not security leaks. It's the clothes."


I'd completely forgotten about this little secret police force that'll be travelling with me this summer. If only they'd be able to help with annoying, fat passengers who fart and take up two seats with the bulges of their waistlines. Personally, I don't really care whether there's an armed officer on the flight - I'd never expect there to be trouble anyway - but if they are around I'd just let them do their job. Unless I'm stupid and laugh out loud at their obvious status by mistake as I walk onboard - that's the only thing I'd be afraid of doing.
link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home