I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Chernobyl Ghost Town fraud

A small tragedy has befallen me here. A site which I loved the idea of and the enthusiasm behind has now been revealed as being false. A while ago I posted (or at least I think I did) about a woman who'd been making motorcycle trips into the now deserted town of Chernobyl. It turns out she wasn't, and was really simply misleading people with head shots of herself with a helmet on. The story is still cool, if only from a human nature point of view.

"I have ridden all my life and over the years I have owned several different motorbikes. I ended my search for a perfect bike with a big kawasaki ninja, that boasts a mature 147 horse power, some serious bark, is fast as a bullet and comfortable for a long trips. I travel a lot and one of my favorite destinations leads North from Kiev, towards so called Chernobyl "dead zone", which is 130kms from my home. Why my favorite? Because one can take long rides there on empty roads.

The people there all left and nature is blooming. There are beautiful woods and lakes.

In places where roads have not been travelled by trucks or army vehicles, they are in the same condition they were 20 years ago - except for an occasional blade of grass that discovered a crack to spring through. Time does not ruin roads, so they may stay this way until they can be opened to normal traffic again........ a few centuries from now."


Ghost Town - Introduction
Debunking it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home