I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Sunday, May 23, 2004

Hong Kong chic...

Or just Hong Kong cheap? My dad returned from the island today laden with goods, the vast majority of which were legal, and thankfully, very cheap. So rather than going out and purchasing a load of CDs myself, he's done the hard work for me. Now the Rasmus, Alanis, Jamelia (for the pop queen in me), Mrs Furtado and The Chilis are all stocked up and ready for my CD changer. The only dodgy thing was the DVD collection he brought back, where movies like American Beauty are a fraction of the European RRP. UK Retail= £19.99. Mainland China copy~£1.00
I like those numbers. Also, insanely beautiful garments like ties, shawls and so forth that are hand woven and take months to create. I feel bad for the people making them - once they're gone that's a months work walking out of your shop, never to be seen again. Though of course it means there's money on the table. Anyway, most of all it's just good to have him back, being like dads are - familiar and ever present. You only notice when they're gone.
It's late. Sleep well all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home