I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Monday, May 24, 2004

Web traffic

Some servers on the net seem to be suffering for some reason. From about 9am UK time today when I first noticed the problem to the present time, some American servers such as Akamai's service seem to be going extremely slowly. The problem doesn't appear to be spreading to the UK but I don't know, it just seems odd. Am I right in thinking that Amazon's sites are served up by Akamai, I know a lot of Yahoo's are, and their sites have just recently been slowing down...
As an example, try the DrudgeReport site, where he often links to images on other's servers - right now several of the images on the site aren't loading, and it's definitely not my network which is freaking out!

Oops. It seems they're back online now. I don't know what happened there as no-one's reporting the problem, but Akamai certainly had something going on there, I don't know how many others as well. Also, it seemed to only be images - the actual HTML of the sites was loading up pretty good. But anyway, 2:30 and they're back online. Strange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home