I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Sunday, May 23, 2004

Pluggin'

-So I've been out of it for a few days. Well, actually I've simply not been connected to anyone who's not on a phone, which makes international communication rather expensive, so I simply haven't been communicating internationally.
My sister was home the other day, up from the Great Smoke of London, visiting us and going to a job interview, which thankfully she did really well in and got the job. That was all well and good. However, she's not the most computer literate person in the world, and became very confused when she found Mozilla loading on her screen rather than IE when trying to use the net. For some reason, her reaction was to disconnect all the cables on the modem and try again. When that didn't work, she shoved them back in and left.
Of course the cables were all wrong and so we were out of the loop until I realised that this may have happened. See the each lead had been plugged in, so on first glance it appeared that everything was fine, however only when I really looked into it did I notice that the whole thing was bound not to work - a USB cable and an ethernet port just don't fit together.
Anyway, she's back in London doing her thing, and we're now safe from the toddler-like effect of my twenty year old sister. Great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home