I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Sunday, March 21, 2004

It's Eating me Out.

Ryan CarnesThere's a new film that I saw was being screened at the London GLBT film festival coming up. Eugh, I wanna go, but of course can't. It looks great though:
"Caleb is a hunky poli-sci major with an affection for aggressive girls. Gwen is an aggressive girl who falls for gay acting boys. It's a match made in therapy.

In a plan hatched by his crafty gay roommate Kyle, Caleb finds himself pretending to be gay to woo Gwen, but their scheme is thwarted when Gwen decides that Caleb would be the perfect catch for her own gay roommate, Marc [shown, left]—the object of Kyle’s affection.

Caleb is faced with a confusing proposition. Gwen wonders if she'll ever find a straight guy. Marc can't tell why the new guy is so hot and cold. And Kyle watches the two loves of his life leave him behind."


This was reccomended in the Guardian Guide as one of the better movies in the festival, as well as one called '15' (see here too). I can't bring up the info on the Guardian's website, but trust me, it's somewhere out there. In a way, I don't like the fact that 'gay' movies have to be labelled as such, but if you're otherwise going to be watching Mandy Moore getting upset over a broken nail, then please, label away.


Official Homepage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home