I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

I feel like a stone.

I've been rolled around in the dust and am ready to be thrown out into the woods, left to weather away amongst the wildflowers until a piece of futuristic farming equipment comes along to dig up the field. When this happens I'll ruin the machine by getting in the mechanisms and blades, chewing up the parts and destroying the innards. At this point vengance will be over. I feel like this because I've used the long distance bus, a place for poor, smelly dropouts who are too pragmatic for the train. The places where buses leave at seven in the morning do not appeal at all, especially at seven in the morning. Also, public transport takes twice as long as a car and is ten times more draining, leaving me with little room for forgiving its faults.
I was up at 5AM this morning for a journey that would only normally take an hour and a half. It took four and 3/4 hours. Everything gets exhausted, but particularly knees (no leg room) and eyes (artificially treated air). My knees feel like someone took a hammer to them and judiciously battered every part of them that might be most painful. Then some all-powerful Norse god has been cooking and spilt all her salt in my eyes whilst I was dosing on the bus, leaving me dry and squinty like a whale out of water. I want to shower and sleep but that would not be the 'done' thing, one has to be present and correct. Innit!>>>

It's nice to help though, so all the messed up journey is worth it when people appreciate efforts that would appear tiny to oneself but are major difficulties for another. It's all perspective right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home