I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Sunday, April 04, 2004

First date?

He asked me out last night. It wasn't that he said "let's go on a date", but he texted me after I'd left the club saying "we should get together some time". I agree - it would make more sense than continually circling each other around the dancefloors of clubs, though we do that very well.
I love how we'll see each other in the club whilst pretending not to be looking out for one another, smile, and then walk away. We're such idiots, playing a crazy game of who's the most shy. Plus, we'll each have a big group of friends around us, messing around and being stupid, making approaching one another in one sense a million times harder, whilst also a whole lot easier - you're never alone.
But then, the result of this is that I will have to go one, at some point in the near future, my first date. Huh. I haven't dated. I don't date. Anyway, I think perhaps we should just mooch around at a bar - somewhere where we can hang out rather than do a 'thing' kind of date. I don't want to have a pretentious meal, watch a shitty movie or something like that. I wouldn't do that to relax normally, I'd rather sit down and have a drink. In a way there's more pressure because I have to sustain his interest just by myself rather than by the movie, but it's 'real' rather than being forced. ne?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home