I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Sun to pay for lying about Kidman

I'm so pleased - The Sun - the UK's dirtiest of dirty rag tabloids has been ordered to pay Nicole Kidman a 'substantial' amount of money for implying that she'd "had an adulterous affair with Jude Law, who was at the time married with young children". Then of course they called her a liar after she denied the rumours. The Sun seems to get away with so much; it's nice to hear of them having to be humble every so often. I'm a real Guardian reader - hence the source of the link - and so am often appalled by the reporting in the Sun. Colleagues at my work buy it and so I can peruse the national gossip each day, which is kind of fun. At the same time though I feel as though I'm intruding on someone else's life. I don't NEED to know this stuff, to see pictures of 'celebs' with their underwear or pimples showing. I like the illusion. Whether Nicole is a lovely person or not, to just make stories up really isn't defensible. Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home