I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Laugh out loud funny viral

It's kind of dumb, but at the same time, completely hilarious. This viral/ad comes via Adrants who forward on stuff like this all the time. Perfect if you're in a silly mood, or just need a boost of consumer culture. Adrants manages to also make me think that all the time we're just being manipulated by advertising - we find all these ads interesting and mildly amusing, but in the end they're just there to flog some old product.
You flick through Time magazine or ANY other big US publication and you find so many hundreds of ads for airline tickets and cars and computers and clothes. When they're funny to the extent that I want to forward them to a friend, I kind of get the feeling that I'm being used; I feel like my humour is being hijacked and taken advantage of. Of course some ads are 'nice' and I don't mind their ads, but then much of that is, I think, due to brand image. I'd happily pass on an ad from Volkswagen or Apple, but not DaimerBenz or Dell. Is it because of the politics of the companies or because of their highly crafty image manipulation and branding (often through ads)?
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home