I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Saturday, May 01, 2004

Eating it up

I got a new bank card through the mail the other day. It was a 'Chip and Pin' or chipnpin as I like to call it. Oh so revolutionary, we're leading the way in Britain with technology that has been all over the rest of the world for years now. No more signatures at tills, you put in your pin number. Gosh! Well, since I got the card, having lost my previous one over two months beforehand, I decided to take some money out of my account. Writing checks to myself to get cash was becoming astonishingly annoying to have to do, so I had given in and called my bank, the wonderful Lloyds, to tell them about my card. I think I'd lost the card somewhere in my house, I don't know where. I know when because it was right after I came back from York Manchester. Yes that was a while ago, and yes I should have cancelled the card earlier, but I was hoping to find it, and didn't want to be a pain, to have to put my card details into every site I order from afresh and so on. But there you go, I did it.
Anyway, I went to an ATM and found, when I got there, that there was a card popping out of the ATM, which was weird. That's not really supposed to happen, so I walked into the bank and handed the card over to them. They were rather non-plussed, as though
"oh yeah, that happened did it, well... thanks."
Nice enthusiastic and responsible reaction from someone supposedly safeguarding your money. uhhhhh>? No. Bad service, lacklustre attitude, hence I don't bank with them.

So I'm in my bank later, trying to sort this who thing out, and I go around the system. I queue at one place then another and then finally some guy walks up to me and asks if he can help me. His name was Barry. That's a very English name, it's not very suave but it's very approachable and friendly, which is what he was. Well, he was probably not suave because he was at work, at a bank. But he was very gay, which was no bad thing. Let's just say that he didn't ask any of the other people waiting to be served whether they wanted help. Subtle. He gave me his 'direct line'. I put that in brackets not because I doubt that the line is direct, but because I'm assuming he didn't really give it to me just in case I had any more questions about my card.
One of my friends had accompanied me on this little escapade to the bank and she reported that as I left his office, he lent on the doorframe and watched me walk away... How sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home