I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Sunday, January 11, 2004

Crap.

" THE 2004 BUPA GREAT NORTH RUN IS NOW CLOSED. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ENTER VIA YOUR FAVOURITE CHARITY IN THE NEW YEAR - CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR MORE DETAILS "

I was waiting to enter at the same time as my parents to make sure that we were all either accepted or rejected together. I waited too long for them - now the event is full up and I'll have to raise money just to run! I really hate that, I'm going to have to do charity fund-raising for my running. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I hate asking people for sponsorship, especially when most of the people I know have very little money anyway. I feel like I'm pressuring people, and I feel really bad for that. If people want to give to charity they can do that on their own, I don't like the sports link. Perhaps if you weren't going to do the run unless you were going to raise money or if you were raising money for a particular person then it wouldn't be so bad, but I'm not doing any of these things and so I feel rather useless and corrupt asking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home