I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Saturday, January 10, 2004

Speaking of FAT

I went to the gym today after not going for almost a week - I've been feeling crummy all week and going to sleep at around eight most nights - the gym goes out the window. The place was packed - it's embarrassing how many people go for the New Year's resolution of losing weight - is their willpower that low during the rest of the year? So my gym is an expensive place at the best of times - being right in the middle of the financial quarter of the city - and so I try to save money other ways; I take the bus. So from leaving the hot and exercise infused temple that is Livingwell, I walk out into the nail bitingly cold air that's blowing through the city at the moment. Once a bus eventually comes, I have to stand whilst the maniac driver hurtles down the streets. Out of the corner of my eye I spot a seat in the middle of the bus - one I hadn't noticed before. There's a reason for this. When I sit down, the first thing I notice is the smell. The rather large woman next to me shifts her weight and if feels like I'm being jabbed in the stomach. I don't know whether it's just that she's lost sensation in her limbs but that was one major poke. Whilst slowly suffocating from the odour I shift over so that I'm now occupying about one quarter of the seat, leaving a nice healthy two inch margin or error between myself and by seat's companion.
The next thing I know, she has to dig around in her bag and so moves YET AGAIN closer to me. Oh my god, it's torture. As I seriously contemplate getting up to simply stand next to the seat, I notice my stop coming up. Then she moves again, looking like she wants to get up. I turn to her and ask whether she needs to get out. Blank face, no response. I ask again "Are you getting off next, can I let you out?" I'm not a malicious person; I'm asking her in the most considerate way I can. Still no response; I leave. Torture is what it was. Thank god I could get out then, otherwise I think I may have either blown it or fainted.
Tip to all – have a shower, and LISTEN to everything around you. She wasn’t deaf, just rude. Think positive now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home