I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Thursday, December 04, 2003

I'm joining a gym

And I'm actually feeling a bit scared of it. It's much worse than the first day of school, in a new job or whereever, because you're competing with yourself (supposedly) but at the same time subconciously comparing yourself to those also in the gym. I don't like that. I'm no slouch, I can work damn hard, but with everyone watching you struggle the feeling is different. The first time on a treadmill and the uneasy steps into the rhythm, not being sure of yourself and where to go in the gym, the customs of the place etc, it all takes time to adjust to and to familiarise oneself with. I don't like that stage, the stage of being the outsider. I've had enough of that in my life already without paying to be that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home