I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Tuesday, October 07, 2003

I'm so blind

"Controlled explosion in Birmingham

A controlled explosion was carried out on a suspect package in Birmingham city centre.
Police were called to Corporation Street just after 1400 BST on Tuesday after a passer-by found a carrier bag containing what police described as "a box with wires on prominent display".
The area around it was sealed off for a number of hours, but the cordon was lifted by 1900 BST on Tuesday.
Chief Inspector Steve Glover, from West Midlands Police, said they were glad to have been alerted to the package. "

from BBC News


I walked past this. I walked past, roughly 100m from the scene and didn't notice a thing. 1400 hours - I walked past at 1530 and there was no indication to me! Am I just completely blind or is something severely odd going on? Exciting that something actually happened for once in Birmingham, the most ignored area for terrorists. I suppose until recently they'd have considered the place simply too ugly to bomb. How many terrorists do you hear about from northern Siberia? Too cold, too grey. Birmingham is like lukewarm tea, like mushy old and tired cereal. Birmingham is like reheated coffee, under-done toast, 21 degrees C, pine wood furniture.
Everything about it is unremarkable and lacks distinction. What a shame to be living in such an environment. One has to make it ones own I suppose. Kind of easy to get pissed off with though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home