I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Rebecca's in tomorrow

We always have a good talk when she's working. Damn Universities for stopping people gossiping with me 24/7. Jobs in bookstores should be provided so that people can talk and have conversations that carry on throughout the day despite the annoying interruptions of customers. Egh. Customers. Serving people really makes one realise how rude and inconsiderate the general public is by on large. People will come up to me and ask a question - ask me to help them. Once I've given them the snippet of information they're after they'll just literally turn their back and walk away. I stand agast in mid-sentance astonished by the fact that people will treat you like dirt, as though you are some sort of machine merely there to serve them. It makes me think that the stereotypical image of a grouchy shopkeeper telling 'young people' off for their bad manners isn't such as bad thing. Mostly though it's the older people - those around 40 who have gone past the poor service level jobs and feel they're above the 'rest' of us and so have a right to be aloof.
It rather riles me. Somehow, did anyone pick up on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home