I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Thursday, September 11, 2003

Mr. Sandman

After seeing them doing a dance/practice/sketch to it the other day in the episode Grace in the Hole, I just had to go and find the original version of the song Jack and Karen were singing. Not being the oldest person in the world I hadn't heard it or of it before, which made it all the more wonderful. I look up Mr Sandman on the web and get pages like this one: The Chordettes Mr Sandman Lyrics. Then a quick p2p search brings up the song - an amazing little 50's piece. According to this page the song was released in 1954 and remained at number one for over seven weeks, selling more than a million copies! With this information it's amazing that I've never heard it before. www.fiftiesweb.com is recomended for further info.
"Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream
Make him the cutest that I’ve ever seen
Give him two lips like roses and clover
Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over.
Sandman, I’m so alone
Don’t have nobody to call my own
Please turn on your magic beam
Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home