I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Thursday, September 11, 2003

CIA World Factbook

I know it's a little late in the coming, but I had to say how much I've been loving the Factbook. I got it a few years ago from the Project Gutenberg website download server, and but then when I heard the 2003 edition was coming out, headed over to their website. One of the best things about it is the online maps that open with Acrobat. They're superb for general quick reference, and the tables of facts about each country is fascinating. It's a 15 MB zip download, but it's also really useful and interesting. It reminds me of the tiny book that The Economist publishes every year of economic facts; The Pocket World in Figures. Just the everyday references - Bangladesh is described as "slightly smaller than Iowa". That's so twee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home