I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Hopper


I was essentially in London to see the Hopper exhibition at the Tate Modern, which was a roaring success. I realised that whilst most people think of Hopper's work to be about lonliness, I think it's really about stillness and light. He uses light, shadow, and direct beams of sunlight throughout his work to create moods, and seeing this in many paintings all at once made this clear to me. The exhibition is excellent not only because it has a large range of works on show, but also because it has studies and preparations for the pieces like 'Nighthawks', showing the stages in progress of taking the image to canvas. Certainly something worth seeing. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home