I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Thursday, November 20, 2003

Buy Maxim, get this 50,000 Acre Forest - FREE!


Felix Dennis, the owner of Dennis Publishing and publisher of Maxim Magazine, likes being a philanthropist. He 'hoses' money away on family, friends and 'buddies'. He clearly likes his life of girls, wine and fun, but other than his poetry there's just one main goal; a forest. As he's said before, he aims to create a 50,000 acre forest in England before he dies.

“In my mind, I don't think I'll manage to get more than 20,000 acres done. But in my mind, I'd like to do 50,” says Dennis. “It’s the biggest forest in England.”

And how will he pay for it? Dennis revealed he plans to sell Dennis Publishing, the publishing empire he spent a lifetime building.

Is this a way of giving back some of the riches that he’s acquired? Or is this a massive ego trip?

“Let’s say it’s a little of both,” says Dennis.


I'd have to say that anyone who wants to create forests print (ironically enough) whatever they like. As long as those habitats are being recreated where they once more, I don't mind how many nude photos of Christina Aguilera he prints.

link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home