I need some inconsistency

An amalgamation of content: the aim not to politicise, but exercise. I'll think aloud about politics, technology, current news, as well as being a gay boy and what that really entails.

Monday, September 22, 2003

anna wintour interview

Earlier in the day was reading a Gawker summary of the WSJ interview with Anna Wintour. I liked it - the summary was great, but only because one normally can't get the WSJ articles online as they're hidden behind pay-for screens. To my astonishment, when looking through my backlog of adrants emails, there was a link to the actual interview which indeed DID work! Read it, it's actually completely fascinating.

WSJ: I have just been dying to ask -- why don't you carry a handbag? The most we see you carry is an agenda or a notebook.

MS. WINTOUR: Handbags weigh you down.

WSJ: Where do you keep your keys and lipstick?

MS. WINTOUR: In the car. And then I stuff the money inside the little notebook. As long as you have a $20 bill, a phone and a notebook you are fine, you can go anywhere.

WSJ: And I've got to ask -- why do you wear sunglasses all the time?

MS. WINTOUR:
I have horrible eyesight, bad eyes. The sunglasses are prescription. I started to wear them when I first started to go to the shows because my eyes started to water and I would get the most awful headaches. I really wear them for the shows most of the time, or when I am tired.

WSJ:
The speculation is that you wear sunglasses at the shows because you don't want people to see what you are looking at.

MS. WINTOUR: I am probably taking a nap. But it is really the light.
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home